Saturday, June 8, 2013

Blast from the past

Meet Desiree from Make it Crafty. She is one of the adorable ladies from an older collection, 60’s Girlfriends. I felt like coloring a scene today so I used several elements from the Urban collection also from Make it Crafty. Working with the 60’s girlfriends reminds me of being a teenager and this scene brings back memories of those days. Remember boomboxes as they used to be called? You hardly see them anymore and really no reason to with cell phones and iPods.

This is a full picture of my scene. The scene turned out like I imagined but then I didn’t know what to do with it on a card so decided on a clean card with the scene being the focal point. I couldn’t just set the image on the DP so I added woven fibers (and for the life of me I cannot remember what it is called …. ugh) behind the matted scene. It’s still a little plain but there is a lot going on in the scene so just left it as you see it.

I colored my scene with the following Copics:

  • Skin – E11, E21, E00, E000
  • Hair – E49, E47, E37, E23
  • Clothes – E55, E53, E51, E50, BG99, BG96, BG93, BG90, R29, R24, R22
  • Chain link fence – C6, C4, C2
  • Brick wall – E09, E13, W4, W3, E51, E50
  • Sidewalk – W6, W5, W3, W2, W1
  • Boombox – T8, T6, T4

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by and visiting.

13 comments:

Karen said...

Great card Stephanie! I think the word you are looking for is burlap.....I only know this because my daughter is getting married and having a rustic wedding and we are working with yards and yards of the stuff! lol

Baukje said...

I LOVE this card and your beautifully coloured scene I wish I could colour half as good as you.
In Australia we call the fabric hessian.
Hugs........Baukje

michele hileman said...

What a great card. And it does bring back memories. I love it.

Danni said...

We were on the same wave length today as I used this fun digi today too!! Love your card, awesome job!

Brigitte said...

OMG Stephanie!!!! Your card is spectacular!!!! Love how you coloured the whole scene, it's just perfect!!!! Her skirt and dreads are awesome. I would call the fiber "jute". Hugs, Brigitte

Alina said...

so beautiful, Stephanie, your colouring is out of this world! my compliments!

Annette said...

Wow have just found your blog and its amazing I love the image xx

ursula Uphof said...

Wonderful card, lovely layout.
Thank you for joining our challenge at
Digistamps4Joy this week and good luck..
Ursula Uphof DT member

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful card, I like the image and the design,thanks for joining in with us at Digi Haven, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Annerieke said...

Such a beautiful card! You added woven fibers, it's perfect for this card, love it! Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy.

Hugs,
Annerieke
DT member

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow stunning card and colouring Stephanie.
Thanks for join us at Digistamp4Joy.

Greetings karin DT member

Susan Hogan said...

Absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Susan (DT)

kel Acopan said...

This is beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along at Crafting with Dragonflies!

lovies, =o) kel
Crafting with Dragonflies DT
http://scrap-photograffs.com

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from February 26, 2011

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact hester.stephanie@gmail.com.

This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is sometimes compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

The owner(s) of this blog would like to disclose the following existing relationships. These are companies, organizations or individuals that may have a significant impact on the content of this blog.

Currently designing for:

Stamping Scrapping

Companies that have provided me with free product or images:
Stamping Scrapping
anaRy Designs
Spellbinders
Basic Grey
Scor-Pal

Digital Delights

La La Land Stamps

JustRite Stamps

Woodware Stamps

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin